Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Turn A Roadside Table Into A Game Table- Checkerboard/Chess



It's become an easy job to find furniture these days. People are cleaning out their homes to buy new. I was driving down Main street and there it was...Out for the trash! How can this be? This beautiful, well built and very useful piece just left out for the landfill.

So here I go again making something useful and taking it to the market... But I really like this piece! So much so that I let the kids play a game of checkers just to try it out.

So I found it like this


I picked this table up and once I brought it home... all I could see is a checker board. 
SO I sanded the middle and carved lines for the board.


Next I picked out a color that would pop.. RED
I also put corner pieces on the ends to spruce it up and add a bit of pizazz. They are fitting, don't you think? Then I covered the board with "SC Johnson Paste Wax" to bring out the shine and serves as a protectant.


The next step was to test it out! The kids played a game of checkers on the board and it was super fun to watch. I love this game board table. It's one of the funnest projects I have ever done.

Thanks for checking out my Blog... Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment