Friday, March 20, 2015

New Use for an OLD sewing box- Create a Modern Version with ordinary everyday items

New and Improved Vintage Sewing Box



What can YOU do with these items

Take a dated sewing box and make it your masterpiece

Here are just a few things you need 
1 OLD sewing box
(The trick to finding these old boxes is looking in places like the Goodwill and The Salvation Army)
1 dated Large Belt
1 new drawer pull
1 can of paint (glossy)
fabric for new lining
(If the lining is solid, keep it)
twine for the lid

I painted the wood box a glossy black and highlighted the edges of the lid with paint as well. Then I looped the belt around the box and glued it in place. I removed the old hardware and replaced it with a new stainless drawer pull. I then wrapped the twins around the top of the lid and painted it red for a little flair.

You could go with a silver paint or any color you might like. 
The bottom line here is you have a super chic looking box to store your makeup or anything that suits your fancy. My choice will be my paint supplies since I have so many.

Just have FUN with it

That's all for today.. Thanks for checking out my blog and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment