Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Make Any Table Look Like Reclaimed Wood Style Piece of Furniture


Reclaimed Wood Table.. Lookalike 


Tables are a dime a dozen and you can find them everywhere. It's what you do with them after you find them that makes them a masterpiece. 

The trick to making your table a one of a kind is research. Google is the best place to find pictures and images of one of kind furniture. Find one you like and imitate the style with paint or stain. 
In this particular case, I wanted to make the table look like it was reclaimed.

I find that with a little imagination, you can create one of kind pieces without much effort and little time. This table took about 2 hours from start to finish.


I started by sanding down the piece and then wiping it clean. I then painted the table with a Valspar paint that is a primer. I always like to make sure the paint has a primer included. 


Then I chose three colors that blend well and work well with the current color trends.


I picked out carribean blue, dark brown and cream. These three colors worked out very well and blend with the lighter brown I used to cover the entire piece. I think this piece came out so beautiful and the colors worked out so well. This piece looks very authentic and will work well inside the house or on the patio.

Thank you for checking out my blog... AND Happy Designing... 


No comments:

Post a Comment