Sunday, March 8, 2015

New Fascination With Old World Style



What does it take to make a cool trunk that costs a fraction of what you would pay in a retail store? Imagination, paint and spray adhesive. 

I found this old trunk on the side of the road and decided to make it better. It didn't fit our decor or what we were trying to portray. So I decided to make the change. 

 This is a super cool trunk fit for any sports fan. However, we are not sports fans but we do love those funky trunks that hide all of our clutter. 

I painted the box with two different colored Valspar paint mistints from Lowes. The colors were super neutral paint and primer which worked out perfectly.

 Then i took an old poster and cut up the best parts of it to accent the trunk. I also painted some fabric letters and stuck them on with spray adhesive. It's always fun to make up things that you think might go on a trunk from the old days.


Once finished.. I have the perfect accent table or accent piece that goes perfectly with the new decor. I would say that this is a beginner project that anyone can do.

As Always, Thank you for checking out my Blog and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment