Thursday, March 26, 2015

Creative Superstar at Your Service- Making that Table Something Special




About 6 months ago I painted this table and it turned out pretty awesome... At least that's what I thought. I was in my shop and I took a look at it and it just wasn't up to my standards. So I brought it back home and sanded it down to do it again.

I wanted to make something super cool this time. So I took this...


And I made this....


I saw this super awesome nautical themed dresser with this awesome star. I knew it was the perfect thing for this table. I just needed to come up with the right colors. The 2015 color chart has the latest trending colors but I don't necessarily go by the trends. I kinds like to to walk my own path.

I have never been one for trends. I like what I like and it works.


I used a muted pallet versus the brighter colors I usually use. The black base just made this entire piece pop. The muted colors of the star make this a very mixable piece. What I mean by that is it can be used in several different ways and will flow with lots of different colors.


There is definitely a method to my madness. 
My Goal... Make It Work!

Thanks for checking out my blog and Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment