Sunday, March 8, 2015

Make the OLD something NEW again with Imagination and your favorite Paint color!


 


I know that I have said this before, but I have to say that this is the BEST refinishing job I have ever done. I think I might just say that everytime I get a new piece of old furniture. If I haven't said this before, I will say it now. I LOVE refinishing furniture! 

Ok, here's the story. Last wednesday I went to the Goodwill Outlet and found this awesome table. Here in the midwest, we have outlets where you can buy at a heavily discounted rate. It's quite a bargain if you find the right piece.

Here is the beauty I found to make all mine. It was in super bad shape but I sanded it down and made it all smooth as a babies butt.. LOL I have to laugh at that..


I took it apart and painted the legs blue and the the other pieces a taupe color. Valspar has been my choice of paints now a days. They have the best primer/paint on the market in my opinion. Old Masters makes this great oil based polyurethane that flows so well.  


 I got this bright idea to stencil with a lace type stencil but of course I didn't like it. So I had to repaint the entire top over to make it right again. Oh That was super fun I have to tell you.


Of course I decided on one of the French stencils because of the colors that I used. I have to say that I made the right choice as I totally misplaced the flower stencil I was going to use in the first place. 



It's been a pleasure making this table such a great addition to any home. I will be taking this one down to the shop this tuesday and it will be up for sale... Although I would love to keep the best pieces, I just don't have the room for them all. :-)

As Always... Thank you for reading my Blog and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment