Monday, March 16, 2015

Giving NEW life to Old Furniture and Accessories for your home




Shopping for furniture is so fun. I went to my favorite place to find the best pieces and I found this old unfinished dining chair and a table without a top. I also found this really cool old sculpture of grapes and wanted to add some color. 

Everything you see here cost less than $20 dollars. What an awesome deal! So off I go to make these awesome finds something unique and ready for sale. I am super excited about how they actually turned out. I had so many ideas for the chair but ultimately I went with yellow.

As you know, I live in the midwest and in the winter it's super dreary. So I decided that a fun and sunny color would bring life to any home. The fabric I found in a consignment shop for super cheap and it goes so well with the yellow.

The table is metal and was bare bones when I picked it up. I had the perfect piece of wood that fit and it just so happened it was already stained. I love it when things just come together like that. 


On to one of the best pieces I have found  in the past few months... The Grapes! This is actually a wall hanging that I put on a plate holder to make it look more like a cool table accessory. I found these cool paints at WalMart for 50 cents each and there are tons of these awesome colors! I picked them out on a whim one day and they worked out again..... so perfectly.

So now you know what I have been up to and the projects I have been working on. 

Thanks again for reading my blog and Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment